Recent developments in physical security systems have enabled us to expand access control using IT infrastructure.
By eliminating the need for hard wiring to a central panel or controller, IP-based systems enable installations that are non-proprietary, flexible and scalable. This means not only a more versatile solution, but also a more cost-efficient one. A network-based system can be enlarged by one door, and one reader, at a time, unlike some traditional systems where controllers or panels often support multiple openings even if only one opening is required.
This e-book was developed by ASSA ABLOY to take you from the early development of this game-changing technology to today’s latest offerings that enable the use of existing network infrastructure to more cost-effectively ensure the physical security of people, equipment, and data. Download to find out more.
- The Dawn of IT-Enabled Network Security
- The Move to IP Access Control
- How to Choose Your Best IP Access Solution
- IP Security Success Stories
- Challenges of IP Access Control
- The Impact of IP-Enabled Access Control on Your Network